Friday, September 19, 2008

YIKES!

okay, so September pretty much just got away from me. i can't do our usual 3:30 this Sunday - i am driving out to see our wedding venue and take pictures for the caterer (yay!). plus michele, who is going to show us those lovely little orange cakes, can't do it this weekend anyway. boo hoo, on all accounts.

i think i have to cancel this weekend, unless i hear a pitiful outcry from you all. otherwise, let's keep working and skip on ahead to october!

i am double-pumped for october, and it might take some extra time to get prepped for that meeting. this is what we're doing:

Block printing paper goods!
Screen printing fabric!
Dyeing/painting fabric, perchance?

if the weather is nice, we'll do this out on my deck and in the backyard - a nice breeze and i won't lose my mind when i spill a kettle of indigo blue dye....

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Yay for October because work should be settled down by then! What do we need for the screenprinting event? I took a screen printing class in college but all the supplies were provided.

BTW, the pottery studio near my apartment (Hinckley Pottery?) has a beginner class special for $45 bucks. It's a limited time offer but I don't know for how long.

Oh, and I am hoping to have all my pants and curtains hemmed this week so I can get your sewing machine back to you. :)

Unknown said...

I am very excited about this SWC!!! What should I bring. I have a silk screening print with a few screens and most of the paints ( all primary colors) and fixants (is taht a word). Let me know what else to bring. I am think cards, onsies and maybe even tots. Melanie do u mind if I camp out at ur place? haha.
Anyway I can't wait.

mel said...

i am doing some research about simple no-fuss printing at home - paper and fabrics... which included standing in urban outfitters on saturday, reading the lotta jansdotter printing book cover to cover...

i'll have a few things on-hand, and i'll be posting a list of things that folks might want to bring along.

yay! and michele has volunteered to show us the orange cakes on the charcoal grill!

Jennifer said...

We could also do freezer paper printing (like so)!

Michele said...

Bah, I don't think I can come to the October meeting because I am going home for my dad's retirement party that weekend. Goodness. Maybe we'll have to make orange pomanders for the holidays instead of little orange cakey goodness.