Tuesday, July 8, 2008

The birth of Sew Watts Cookin'?

Okay, so I borrowed the name from a 4-H club near where I grew up. But I've always loved the name. It makes me think of Nancy Drew, for some reason. Or some other old-fashioned girl heroine.

Sewing, cooking, messing with electricity. How fun! How about gardening, home improvements, and using power tools? Web design, photography, bike repair, self-defense? I know some of this stuff, and you might know some of this stuff. But the rest? That's where you all come in. Bring your own knowledge over to the party, along with a project that you are working on... or maybe a project that has you stumped.

For those of you who were ever in 4-H, we'll have a similar format. We'll try and schedule short, informal "presentations" by attendees on some kind of skill or interest. Sometime I'd like to make a presentation on something I know about - maybe gardening, or tools?

However, at the first meeting, we'll just hang out and be excited about stuff in general. Think about what you're good at and we'll hash it all out at the meeting. Then we'll drink wine.

What: Inaugural meeting of SEW WATTS COOKIN'
Where: My house (766-B Princeton Place NW)
When: July 27th (Sunday), 3:00pm
Why: Because, that's why

Foward this to anyone you think might be interested. RSVP in the comments section, so I know approx. how many people are planning to show up.

8 comments:

Unknown said...

Yes!
Bring on the Craft and Industry.
p.s. great blog.

Michele said...

Melanie, this sounds awesome! I'm in (though I will have to think about what I can share...definitely not Zach's jello shot pie...)

Unknown said...

Besides the PARTY, I'm not sure what else I can bring at the moment. I'll ruminate on this but I'm totally down. I need more inspiration!

Jennifer and John said...

Yeah! I'll be there, I think. I have to make sure John can cover Henry duties for a few hours. Also I have to dust off my craft bag. I haven't touched it since Henry.

Anonymous said...

Jennifer forward your blog to me and I would love to come! Unfortunately my father will have just gotten into town and I can leave him high and dry so soon. But please count me in for the next meeting!
--Kim

sowmya said...

Ashby forwarded your blog to me--wish I was still in the DC area so I could participate. Maybe I can be a Boston satellite member.

Unknown said...

Fun!! I think I can come...looking forward to being able to make a presentation on yak-hair macrame (KIDDING).

Sandhya said...

Hey! Sorry for the late notice, but I'll be there. Great idea!