Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Next up: August meeting

AUGUST: simple machine sewing, cross-stitch and embroidery

We will have at least two working sewing machines on hand for folks to share. Think summer! Simple A-line skirts, aprons, beach bags, summery linens like tea towels, pillowcases - whatever strikes your fancy. We are pairing simple sewing with embellishment so you can do both at once in you want, or just focus on one. I plan to sew a pillowcase and embroider it with ridiculous designs. We will have a few members present with skillz in embroidery and cross-stitch to get us started.

To bring:
For a sewing project: fabric, thread, and a pattern if you need one.
For embroidery or cross-stitch: needles, colored floss, fabric or kit, hoop. Other helpful cross stitch items include a highlighter and some masking tape.

Place: My house (766-B Princeton Place NW 20010)
Time: 3:00
Date: ???

We decided that we would meet on Sunday the 24th... but I can't do it! I am flying out to San Francisco that day. I've added a POLL to the main page - vote for your favorite day.

SEND THIS LINK ON TO WHO EVER YOU THINK MIGHT BE INTERESTED.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

For the cross-stitch supplies, I also find useful a highlighter (to keep track of where you are in a pattern) and masking tape (to keep the edges of the fabric from raveling).

mel said...

excellent advice - i've added those to the list...

Unknown said...

i only voted for 8/10 because Ian's running the road race and I can't go d/t work stuff. I'll be so lonely!